Thursday, July 7, 2011

Besto-Pesto

Hi ALL!

Thought we would finally start sharing some of these yummy recipes that we have been loving with everyone else. One thing that we have really enjoyed so far is being able to experience these new recipes that the other person picks and we are 'forced' to cook. It reminds me of the show Julie and Julia, there's a lot of things we have each cooked that we probably never would have tried on our own.  Hopefully you all will be able to appreciate and if you like the look of the pictures and recipes maybe you'll try them on your own!

The recipe that we made this week was from Giada on Food Network

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-pine-nut-pesto-recipe/index.html

We normally come up with our own sides or additions to the recipe so we'll try and post it here for you all.

This time I made a grilled baby bell pepper tossed with mint, feta and lemon juice side dish, and kept the main recipe.  Shannon decided to throw the pesto and chicken with some pasta... I'm trying that next time.






The other thing we were really excited to get a hint on (from the link and the recipe) was the tip to make extra pesto and pour it into ice cube trays to freeze for future use. I used these huge trays that I had from Bed Bath and Beyond that makes huge perfectly square cubes...and they are perfect.

Happy eating!!! :)
Chef Steph

1 comment:

  1. Great choice Steph! I really enjoyed making this and had a blast with you in the process, as usual!

    I love how vibrant and fresh the bright green pesto was... mine turned out smooth, not separated and oily like the stuff you get from the jar. It was delicious and even though it had a pretty strong lemon bite (I used the zest and juice of 2 lemons) Robert also thought it was really tasty!

    Don't you just love spinach??

    Can't wait till next week!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete